Are You Or Is Your Child Eligible For Free School Meals?
You can apply for free school meals and Pupil Premium from Year 3 onwards if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit: if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get. This is also called the ‘minimum income floor’.) If your child is eligible for free school meals they will eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in on 31 March 2023.
By successfully applying we can secure extra funding for you son or daughter to provide them with additional support for trips and resources.
If you think you could be entitled to free school meals, please contact the school to ask for an application form or download the application form below. You can also apply on line via the following website http://www.bristol.gov.uk/fsm