Summer School is packed with student-centred workshops, games and activities designed to support young people; these include:
- Art collages – goodbye Year 6, hello Year 7
- Messages to my older self time capsules
- Role model key note creations
- Critical thinking and overcoming obstacles activities
- Fairfield High School posters
- Treasure hunt
- Fairfield High School film trailers
- Media influences debate
- Fake news challenges
- Body image and identity art activity
- Our environment – Scrapstore challenge
- Changemaker film creation
- Calling for change – poem and literacy activity using music
- Sustainability workshop on UNESCO goals
- Celebration to mark the end of the week
Summer School also:
- Familiarises students them Fairfield High School’s ethos and values, building and staff
- Introduces and explains secondary school academic and behavioural expectations
- Provides social and emotional development and well-being, including dealing with change, building confidence and self-esteem, envisioning aspirations & ambitions
- Educates around E-safety and responsible and appropriate use of social media
- Helps the young people to make new friends and have loads of fun!
Summer School has been a great opportunity for students to bond and form friendships. Unique Voice has provided a variety of meaningful activities for students to engage with. Fairfield staff have ensured students receive a really positive foundation for the start of their academic journey with us.
Summer School is a great opportunity for students to interact with others that are taking the same big step as they move to secondary school.
Summer School at Fairfield is a fantastic opportunity for young people to get to know the school and staff, make new friends and get involved in creative workshops led by Unique Voice. From Drama and Art to Mindfulness and Resilience, this programme gives them the chance to try new things and grow in confidence. Our main aim is to ensure that children leave Summer School prepared and excited for Year 7!
It’s been a good experience – the classes are really fun, everyone is very kind and you will have lots of fun. You will do an activity where you protect an egg.
I’m enjoying meeting people that are going to be in Year 7. Summer School helps with knowing the building. I really liked doing the egg drop; I’ve done it before at primary school but not from such a big height. It was fun!
I really enjoyed getting used to the building and meeting new teachers. I also love how they give out free breakfasts and snacks.
Having the whole school to ourselves for a week helps us learn our way around the building.
I really enjoyed researching our role models! It was a really cool opportunity to use the computers.
Summer School offers students a positive experience. Unique Voice connects with the individual to bring out their creativity. It also helps them to explore, educate and empower.
It provides students with a voice and an opportunity for independence some may never have experienced before.