Summer School is packed with student-centred workshops, games and activities designed to support young people:
- Get Settled: Figure out Fairfield and Make New Friends
- Express Yourself: Create and Perform
- Build Brainpower: Problem Solve and Face Challenges
- Create Connections: Be a Community Member/Global Citizen
- Be a Team Player: Compete and Collaborate
- Celebrate at the Friday Showcase with Parents/Carers
Summer School benefits:
- Familiarises students with Fairfield High School’s ethos and values, building and staff
- Introduces and explains secondary school academic and behavioural expectations
- Provides social and emotional development and well-being support, including dealing with change, boosting confidence and self-esteem, envisioning aspirations & ambitions
- Educates around E-safety and responsible and appropriate use of social media
- Helps the young people to make new friends and have loads of fun!
Summer School has been a great opportunity for students to bond and form friendships. We provide a variety of meaningful activities for students to engage with, proven to be a really positive foundation for the start of their academic journey with us.
Summer School is a great opportunity for students to interact with others that are taking the same big step as they move to secondary school.
Fairfield Summer School is a brilliant opportunity for our incoming Year 7 students to get to know Fairfield: the site, the staff, our ethos and – best of all – their new classmates! Students participate in workshops, games and activities designed to prepare them for success at secondary school. The end of day smiles are proof it’s a win-win option for a smoother transition.
It’s been a good experience – the classes are really fun, everyone is very kind and you will have lots of fun. You will do an activity where you protect an egg.
I’m enjoying meeting people that are going to be in Year 7. Summer School helps with knowing the building. I really liked doing the egg drop; I’ve done it before at primary school but not from such a big height. It was fun!
I really enjoyed getting used to the building and meeting new teachers. I also love how they give out free breakfasts and snacks.
Having the whole school to ourselves for a week helps us learn our way around the building.
I really enjoyed researching our role models! It was a really cool opportunity to use the computers.